It totally wasn't what I expected!!
I had wrapped my moms real birthday gift and then the frame with the picture in it.
So we chatted for quite a while and finally my dad asked when my mom got to open her presents! I gave her her real present first which she loved and then she asked if she could open the other one. I told her go ahead.
She did and stared for a bit before she asked what it was. I told her to read the bottom which the frame hid a little bit. She read it and stared then started patting her chest with her mouth hanging open, breathing real hard. Then went "really??? Really??" I said yes and she started laughing and pounding on her chest.
And my dad sat there going what? What is going on? She handed him the frame and he also asked if it was for real. So we said yes and he started to cry. I don't think my mom cried, my dad would and then stop and start again. It was so funny.
Now at this point I should explain the man I call my dad is my StepDad. He and my mom got married when I was 4 and has raised me like his daughter. I think he was more emotional at my news than when his own daughter told him for either of her kids. He really is my dad, he was the man in my life for the last 33 years, blood doesn't matter, I love him with all of my heart regardless of genetics.
I still need to call my dad, he really wasn't part of my life, I saw him maybe once a year while growing up and then for a while not at all. I think I am going to call him right before we go live on FB and tell him. If he calls me for my birthday I will tell him then since we plan on going live right around then. I am sure he will be thrilled but he lives in another state and I doubt he will make any special trips to see his grandchild. He might come up once every 2 years for family reunions and I think my step mom is a total bitch so I don't make many trips to see him.
Now at this point I should explain the man I call my dad is my StepDad. He and my mom got married when I was 4 and has raised me like his daughter. I think he was more emotional at my news than when his own daughter told him for either of her kids. He really is my dad, he was the man in my life for the last 33 years, blood doesn't matter, I love him with all of my heart regardless of genetics.
I still need to call my dad, he really wasn't part of my life, I saw him maybe once a year while growing up and then for a while not at all. I think I am going to call him right before we go live on FB and tell him. If he calls me for my birthday I will tell him then since we plan on going live right around then. I am sure he will be thrilled but he lives in another state and I doubt he will make any special trips to see his grandchild. He might come up once every 2 years for family reunions and I think my step mom is a total bitch so I don't make many trips to see him.
Then there were hugs. And discussion of how things would change and how far along I was. And how on earth did we keep it quiet for so long. So we explained how we were gonna tell but then the cancelled trip etc.... They wanted to start calling people right then but we asked them to please wait and if there was a leak of info we would know where it came from.
Then the annoying started! 50000000 questions from mom. Are you taking vitamins? Are you taking Folic Acid? Wait, didn't you run in a race the other weekend is that okay? how many sonograms have you had? Where will you have the baby? Where is your OB at, is that your regular Gyno? Do they even still offer lamaze classes? Are you going to take one? Will E be in the delivery room? What are you going to do about work? How sick were you? You look like you lost a lot of weight is that okay? Are you feeling anything? Do you know the sex? Are you going to find out the sex? What room will be the nursery?
And then we went out to lunch and the questions continued... I can't remember half of them! By that point I was giving short one word answers or just saying "we don't know yet" At one point I got up for something and E was at the table with her and he said she told him that she needs to stop with the questions because she can tell she is driving me crazy. The questions had stopped after I came back to the table.
Then the annoying started! 50000000 questions from mom. Are you taking vitamins? Are you taking Folic Acid? Wait, didn't you run in a race the other weekend is that okay? how many sonograms have you had? Where will you have the baby? Where is your OB at, is that your regular Gyno? Do they even still offer lamaze classes? Are you going to take one? Will E be in the delivery room? What are you going to do about work? How sick were you? You look like you lost a lot of weight is that okay? Are you feeling anything? Do you know the sex? Are you going to find out the sex? What room will be the nursery?
And then we went out to lunch and the questions continued... I can't remember half of them! By that point I was giving short one word answers or just saying "we don't know yet" At one point I got up for something and E was at the table with her and he said she told him that she needs to stop with the questions because she can tell she is driving me crazy. The questions had stopped after I came back to the table.
1 comment:
I love this so much!!!! Your description of their reaction is so good, made me squee a little out loud! Ok, a lot! Yay, I'm so glad it went well!!! Minus the onslaught of questions, haha!
Post a Comment