Woot!
Dad down, brother down!
So my uncle has been really sick which is horrible but it has worked out in my favor.
My aunt had not posted an update on him in a few days so it gave me a reason to contact my dad to find out what was going on. (he is in the hospital and has viral meningitis, which luckily is the treatable one, but it is going to be a long recovery)
Anyway after finding out my Uncle was going to be okay my dad and I made some small talk and so then I told him I had something that could make his day a little better, so we told him he was going to be a grandpa again in September, he seemed excited I think but they were under a severe thunderstorm warning where they live and my step mom started yelling about stuff blowing away and a tornado warning so he had to go.
I sent him the latest US pic and our announcement pic and he wrote back and asked a couple questions but nothing much.
Next up was calling my brother to give him an update on our uncle. First I called my mom cuz I can never remember if my brother works until 7 or 8... she said it was 7... so I called and he had just gotten a message from one of our cousins with the update on our Uncle. So we talked a bit about that and he was a bit distracted but then I told him while I had him on the phone we had some other news.
So he asked what... so i just said that he was going to be an uncle in September. I think he was in total shock, kind of stammered a bit and just kept saying well that is a shock and Oh, okay well that's good a few times.. So I told him i would let him go so he could be in shock!
A few minutes later he started texting and seemed excited and then like 20 minutes later he called me to apologize. He was still at work and making notes in a patient file when I told him so he didn't know what to say. But he is excited!
I made the mistake of telling my mom we were going to go Facebook live this weekend. So she is all worried about feelings getting hurt. That my grandma needs to know before everyone else, which I agree so said my dad can call her Saturday morning. And then is worried that if we tell my one aunt Saturday when we see her that my other Aunt who is my godmother will be upset. UGH... fine tell Aunt S before Aunt H finds out. OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment