Wow. I spent almost 2 hours at the REs office today. Holy crap my brain is swimming!
The med student that was with my Dr kept saying, this is a lot of information are you sure you don't have questions? I kept saying I don't think so I need to process and will call when I do!
My Dr is the sweetest she was so bummed that last cycle didn't work said that with the way everything looked on paper it was a perfect cycle, 2 good follies, really good lining and really good post wash numbers (for us). So we started to talk about IVF. She walked through everything step by step and seemed to be leaning toward us doing IVF with ICSI because we hadn't had luck with a couple good cycles but if we got enough follicles from me we could try to split and do half with ICSI and half to see if they can/will fertilize on their own so we know in the future if we should even try on our own or if we should just do IVF if we want more children.
So after she talked to me for like 45 mins she sent in the IVF nurse coordinator who went through everything again and went through all of my previous test to make sure they were up to date and what I would have to have updated and new tests prior to doing a cycle. I have quite a to-do list!
I need to redo some of my CD3 bloodwork and then do a Mock Transfer, Antral Follicle count, Office Hysteroscopy and something else before CD11. Full infectious disease panel, CF testing. Hubs also needs the Infectious disease panel done and another SA since it will have been 3 months since his last one by the time it comes to our ER.
So we went with the assumption that my period should start the weekend before we go to Hawaii. I have an appt scheduled to have the Mock transfer and everything else done prior to us leaving and to have all my bloodwork done. She also called me in a script for BCP to start that same time. Which means when we get back from Hawaii things will go in fast forward and start meds, meeting with the IVF coordinator and shot training, and a potential ER the end of Sept... But this is my body so we also assumed that things won't go according to that plan so we scheduled a backup date for all that stuff to happen in Sept and then ER would be in October.
Then I met with the financial person with the office. She went over the costs I about passed out! With ICSI we are looking at $9,500 or so prepaid for the cycle not including meds. But since I have met my lifetime max for infertility we also assumed that none of the tests etc would be covered, that is another $3,500 or so. Then meds on top of that. OMG... she told me once everything was rejected by insurance etc that I could call the billing coordinator and say I am out of pocket and that I should be offered a 20% discount. So I fully plan on doing that, and also doing that when I receive the bill from the past failed cycle. Then she gave me some coupon things for Freedom Fertility to save some money on my meds. Not a ton but a little.
I have a whole packet of info for me and E to read and keep my fingers crossed that my body works the way we think it will and I can get all the testing done before we go to Hawaii!
No comments:
Post a Comment