Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WTF OB office

So I finally got around to calling the OB office I want to go to.
I get the receptionist who is all excited congratulating me, which was nice but she was a little too excited to for me!

She asks which Dr I want to see so I tell her the name of the one that really stuck out to me while reviewing online profiles. Well that OB is only there a half day on Tuesdays (of course) and is really hard to get in to see. Grr... So I told her I guess it doesn't really matter does it for my first appt?

Then she asks the first day of my last period. So I tell her it was IVF and I did my transfer on 12/20. And she told me she had no idea how to even code that or how to figure out a due date for me. So I told her I was due 9/7, she told me she was going to leave it as a question mark. Really? why can't you believe me or put it in as an estimate?

Then asked me if I have thyroid issues so I had to explain how for IF treatments my thyroid was borderline high for my RE and I was put on synthroid to bring it down before going through treatment. Again... Well I don't know how to put that in your file.
Ummmm just make a note that I was put on synthroid to go through IF treatments.

Not that it all matters anyway because she has to forward all my info to a nurse for review before they will do anything. But I can feel free to come in Monday for blood work and to fill out my new patient packet and then they will schedule me. Now I have to re-review the OBs in that office and pick an alternate.

And now I need to take a half day off work on monday because I have to be there between 9 and 4 for all of this. And my US with the RE is at 1050. So I can go right at 9 and do paperwork/blood work and then as long as I am on the road by 1020 make it to my RE for my US. Maybe I can just pick up the paperwork and bring it back, but she made it sound like I needed to do it there!

1 comment:

ChickinNH said...

I just blogged about my OB experience/annoyances tonight too! Good luck getting it all taken care of during a half day (I don't know what you do for work but next Mon is MLK Jr. Day so some places are on holiday... I hope you are!).

Post a Comment