Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, January 20, 2014

Graduation day..... from the RE that is!

I took a half day off work so I could go fill out new patient paperwork at the OBs office, they were clueless again about when/how to schedule me. And took the whole time I will doing paperwork to fill it out (and called me up there twice to ask me questions).
Anyway I will get a call next Wednesday from the nurse to discuss all my paperwork etc. Which is fine except they asked for no input from my and it is at 9:30 AM on a Wednesday. So need to figure out how I can have that phone call while I am at work!
And my first OB appt is 3/4 at 9:30 AM. That seems to be their favorite time or something. I will by 13 weeks and a few days at that point. I plan on asking the nurse if that seems right or if it should be earlier. I guess I would feel more comfortable telling my parents Valentines weekend if I had another appt before then. But oh wells!

Next up was meeting hubster at the RE to have our 7 week US. Everyone must have had today off (except me) because the lot was full and I had to circle 3 times to find a spot. Anyway we got called back by the medical assistant who did most of my blood work and she just smiled and asked how I was. I said good but hopefully better in a bit!
Got in the room and hubs was in shock as I dropped trou and hopped on the table with my sheet. I told him this is the usual! (see what he gets for not coming to any appts!)
Dr M came in (she did almost all of my USs for my IVF cycle and most of my IUI cycles as well) She turned to me and told me how excited the whole office was that I was pregnant (I seriously had seen almost the whole office!)
http://cdn.cl9.vanillaforums.com/thebump.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/c5/13b66833e8d1453f46c16a02c91601.jpg
Our Penguin
So Hubs came up by my head and as soon as they put in the wand she was like, look there it is and I see a flickering heart. I think I got the biggest smile on my face that seriously has not left all day!
She took her couple measurements and I was measuring 7 weeks and I am 7 weeks 1 day so that was perfect. Penguin is almost 9 mm. Then she turned on the sound so we could hear the heart. OMG that sound.... Hubs heard it and goes "OMG it is real" It is like he forgot that there is a reason for me feeling so crappy! She said it was a perfect heartbeat of 128 BPM, exactly what they were looking for. She took other measurements of my ovaries etc and then was like I just need to double check there is only one in there. And there is only one!
http://cdn.cl9.vanillaforums.com/thebump.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/81/b1b1a0b26010c2446d06e012156dde.jpg
Heartbeat
Next up she was printing the pics for their file and then printed off a 4 for me!
On the way out I saw both of the medical assistants and they were both like that is a huge smile! Congrats!
And then the receptionist looked at me and goes you are all set! Happy graduation, now let me see pictures!

Of course when Dr M asked me if I had any questions I totally forgot to ask her about the Progesterone and Estrogen I am still on. I know they said until 10 weeks, but I wanted to double check and then do I just stop them cold turkey as soon as I start week 10? or at the end of week 10? So I am going to leave a voicemail in the morning to see if one of the nurses or Dr M can call me and tell me what to do.

What a great morning! too bad I had to go to work after!

No comments:

Post a Comment