Wow... Nurse Judy is one cheerful lady... OMG... I couldn't turn my phone down enough!
But that is good.
We reviewed my paperwork I filled out the other day. She asked me like 20 times if I had ever had cancer. I think she kept forgetting she asked. But I got all my questions answered.
Perfectly normal for me to have my first appt at 13 weeks 2 days, Dr C probably had a full schedule but it is just a basic appt and will get to hear baby penguin on the doppler which they do at every appt.
I had a list of things to ask and had a chance and she listened to all my concerns. Made me feel like she cared. Except about the fact I think I am getting a UTI possibly. Although she did tell me to keep an eye on it and if anything changed to call the office and a nurse would call me back to discuss.
She also gave me a couple suggestions about helping my dizziness/motion sickness/nausea, so we need to see if they help.
She said me being almost 37 was no big deal. Probably just a couple more monitoring appts way later on but for now it is business as usual. So that is a relief!
Next we moved onto Genetic testing... what was out there, why to have/not have it. So basically she said if it isn't going to change our mind on the pregnancy that there is no reason to do it. Well My opinion is that even though it is not going to change my mind on the pregnancy it will help me to prepare in case there is something we need to be concerned about.
So our options go from just bloodwork all the way up to having an amnio done.
Came home and opened the book from them to PAGE 117 as Nurse J told me 20 times I needed to read. There was a little chart about NT scans. I pulled out the pamphlet on 1st tri screening and pulled up the website for the MaterniT21 test which is a new test that is available.
By the time I had all that organized E was home. So I told him I had my call with the nurse today and we need to decide if we want to do genetic testing because she needs to know sooner rather than later.
We decided to do the MaterniT21 test because it is showing 99.9% accuracy for Down syndrome testing and some of the common Trisomys. E kept going,'this is scary stuff. What can they do if something comes up.' Well they can't do anything but we can try to prepare for it. We also decided we would go ahead and do the NT Scan and blood work. Just to ease our minds. I am sure the nurse will have something to say about wanting to do both but after what we went through to get pregnant I want to ease my mind, and/or be able to prepare.
Tomorrow I have to call the insurance to make sure the NT stuff is covered, which since I am 36 (AMA) it should be because of the increased risk for Downs. I also need to call the lab that does the MaterniT21 and see how much, from what I am hearing it is $200. Then I have to call Nurse J back and she will get me set up for everything! I am nervous but excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment