Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, March 3, 2014

Saw baby penguin today!!!!!!!!! :)

Today was awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Aside from being sick it was a good day!
We had our NT Ultrasound this morning.
The radiologist called us back to the ultrasound room and the genetic counselor I met last week came in with her and said she had just gotten the e-mail with the Mat21 results and everything looked great!
And if we wanted to know she could tell us with 9?% certainty the sex of pengy... I told her I would have to call her because we were undecided still.

Anyway the tech pulls out the wand an gels up my belly (an abdominal ultrasound what is that? I go to keep my pants on? This is unheard of!)
And right away there is baby. Sleeping on her/his belly hand/arms folded up in front of its face. Stayed still for a while and she got her measurements and then all of a sudden baby started wiggling all over the place. She followed it around and let us watch for a long time.
She got a picture of baby's had sticking out close to the wand. And tried to get us a good profile pic while baby was moving. She was not super successful at it I wish we had gotten one of the ones she used for measurements but that is okay.
Baby was measuring 13w 3 days so 2 days ahead and had a HB of 153.
She took the file out to show one of the MFM docs to make sure it all looked good. and while she was gone E and I started to discuss if we wanted to know sex or not. I said I am 50/50 and he said there are very few surprises so that might be a good one, but we have been so involved this whole time that maybe we should know. And then we would only have to argue over half as many names and it would be easier to plan. I said that since it might be our only one maybe we should find out. WELLLLLL I should not have said that. He got all pouty about having his heart set on 2 and why would I say that. UGH.... basically stopped talking to me after that.... (so later I texted him the pic of the US of the babies arm and told him baby was waving hi. I think that broke the ice!)
Anyway... we made our appt for the anatomy scan for April 17th yay!!! can't wait to see pengy again in 6 weeks!
So when E got home tonight he told me he was sad that I said we wouldn't have more kids. SO I stopped him right there and said that I said we "MIGHT" not have more. Because right now I can't see myself going through the poking and prodding and shots and ultrasounds and ERs and ETs etc etc etc. And he said he understood because it was a lot and I told him he had no idea. So I think we are okay there for now. Besides by the time we think about having #2 I would be 38 (or close to it) and he would be 39 so who knows how things would even look at that point.
AHHHHHHH I am going to be 37 right after our anatomy scan... and hubs is 38 in 12 days... Gawd we are old!
Tomorrow is my first OB appt. I am officially down 10 lbs as of this morning... So I am sure I will get a talking to! I plan on making an appt with their nutritionist. I lost 2 over the weekend when I was sick, no appetite and still can't breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment