Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

FET cycle starts....

Tonight!!!
We had our wtf appt with Dr S today.
I teared up when she came in and looked like she was going to cry and said "I am so, so sorry" 
She said it was a great cycle, I responded really well and we got some great quality embryos. But unfortunately the odds came into play. She can't explain what happened but she would not change anything that happened during the cycle because it went so well. But that we had one very high quality blast frozen that she highly recommended us using.
 
She asked how we were feeling and what our thoughts were for moving forward. I told her we wanted to cycle again as soon as possible and explained the taxes and stuff. So she went to talk to one of the IVF nurses to see what we could do. FET or fresh before the end of the year.
 
She said that their current success rates with FET were 20%. E said eventually the odds needed to turn in our favor and she agreed.

So we waited, and waited and finally K the IVF nurse came in. She had been making a calendar for me! No time for a fresh cycle but we can fit a FET in! So I start BCPs tonight! lupron next week! And if all goes well transfer will be Dec 20th with beta Dec 29!!! Normally they IVF team meets on Mondays to review cases and build calendars etc. But they decided to get me in there ASAP and not wait until Monday to find out if I could cycle again this year!
Holy crap!

I also made Dr S look at the lovely rash I have on my butt... she said it looks like it is right where the PIO shots were but that it doesn't look like an allergic reaction to it more of a dermatitis. She said to keep putting hydrocortisone on it and wait it out... The nurse said that she has heard of that happening if not all the PIO goes into the muscle and some of it is sub-q there can be a reaction. But they are not giving me PIO this cycle because of the rash. So yay for no PIO but booo for progesterone suppositories!

3 comments:

Say1009 said...

How exciting!! boo about the rash though = (

jaytee16 said...

Yay, that's great!! I'm happy you can get a FET cycle in before the end of the year, fx for you!!!!

Unknown said...

Best wishes on your FET! It's so much easier than a fresh cycle!

Post a Comment