So there are 3 nurses at the RE office... one has no real people skills but she can stick my vein like no other and has no problems getting blood, one is a bit older and just worries about hurting me but usually gets blood and has to stick me once, maybe twice... The third nurse... She sucks, she is the youngest of them and has never been able to get blood.
This morning I had to go in for an E2 check. So it is the youngin... she has me sit and puts on the tourniquet, and in my experience it is not as tight as it is with others but whatever she is the nurse. I had been chugging water since the night before. She finds a vein and sticks and starts fishing around and finally finds it and blood is barely trickling... so she starts questioning my water intake, and then starts massaging the vein to get more blood out.... It was not pleasant.
Finally she decides that she will get no more and starts looking at the vial and doesn't know if it is enough for their lab to process, but there is no one in the lab until 8 and this is 720am. but she thinks it is enough for the hospital to process. But just in case she wants to try my other arm. Ugh... she starts fishing in there with the needle, my arm is bleeding but she can't get the needle in the vein. For serious?????????
Eventually she gives up and bandages up both arms and sends me on my way.
She totally blew out my vein on the right side, it is so bruised and sore it hurts to bend my arm.
So I wait for my call at 3 to tell me what my new protocol is.
The IVF nurse called and told me that my estrogen is only at 80 after 3 days of 300IU of Gonal and they want it higher than that. My new protocol is the next 2 days 225IU of Gonal, 225IU of Menopur and Ganirilex. I just did my 3 shots. Gonal is no problem, moved on to do the Ganirilex and damn that needle did not want to go in I had to really jab to get that sucker to go in! Then I had to mix my Menopur 1ML of dilutant with 3 vials of powder that went well. Stab my self a third time and that one kind of burned! But I got them all in! But now I have a bit of a headache, don't know it is related to all the shots or because of the remnants of my cold.
Now instead of having bloodwork and an ultrasound on Saturday I just have bloodwork to check my E2 again. then I think I will have to reschedule some stuff maybe.... Hopefully we get back on track!!
No comments:
Post a Comment