Egg retrieval was this morning!
Got to the office a little earlier than they told me and sat around until they took me back.
Changed into my gown and walked into the "operating room" sat on the table and talked to the nurse for a while. Then Dr L who was doing the retrieval came in and he is super nice and talked me through what was going to happen.
Then the nurse started the IV (yay for no vein problems) and got the leads on my chest, blood pressure cuff on, pulse ox on the finger etc.
I guess I didn't realize it but most REs knock you completely out for the ER but mine just gives you nice meds!
They had my scoot down on the table and get my legs in fun things to hold them up. The nurse turned on the nice relaxing/pain meds and I got all tingly and woozy.
Dr R came in (he is probably in his 60) and stood at my shoulder and rubbed it talking me through everything that was going to happen and stayed there the whole time holding my hand and rubbing my shoulder. He totally could have skipped the rubbing and holding part but he thought he was helping!
We just chatted the whole time, and I could watch the screen and see the eggs being sucked out which was pretty cool to watch. Only really felt the needle go through the vag wall on both sides didn't feel anything else.
Total count was 18 eggs, don't know how many they were expecting because I think I had more follicles than that but not all follicles have an egg in them.
Chatted with the nurse while the meds were wearing off and changed and she walked me out. I actually felt really good after, a little tired and crampy but nothing major.
When we first got there the girl that was in our IVF class had just come out from her ER and she did not look well at all, she was saying she was going to throw up and was dizzy. I wished her luck with everything since she recognized me sitting there.
I am glad I felt pretty good after since I normally get sick after anesthesia.
We stopped at Tim Hortons and had breakfast, YUM! and came home and I took a nap. I could go for another nap to be honest! But that is just because I am tired not from the meds or anything. Just a little achy/crampy right now but nothing a few tylenol I am going to go find won't help!
No comments:
Post a Comment