Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, October 4, 2013

Consent forms signed, Meds reviewed, shot practiced.... All Check... OMG this is real!

Today was IVF intake class... we signed the consent forms, reviewed all the meds and how to take and when.
Still super overwhelming but maybe a little better.
Man that IM needle looks soooo big....
E got to practice stabbing me in the ass once. I actually only felt the initial poke and then was good. But he was only injecting something minor in not the PIO or HTC. The PIO is supposed to hurt because it is oil and just sits there. So the IVF nurse suggested to do it in the morning so that the movement through the day helps it move around and disperse.
There was another couple in the class and they seemed super overwhelmed too. And the girl was afraid of needles so I felt bad for her. But thanks to the lovely ladies of the bump I knew most of what the nurse was telling us and it made sense to me, so that felt good.
And I was glad to know the 3 shots I will be on to start can be done stomach or thigh, yay for more to rotate. The last gonal-F cycle my belly was so sore after 8 or 9 days of shots, so at least it will get a break since I fully intend to do thigh shots as well.
We have a book of FAQs from the lab with pictures and everything.
All my appts are scheduled out for the days that they think I will need to come in but it is all very fluid depending on my body. The only for sure appts are Oct 11 preIVF US and bloodwork and then Oct 14 is my first blood draw.
It is real! It will be more real when the shots start.
What is giving me  hope for this cycle is if all goes according to the calendar and we do a 5 day transfer that is the anniversary of our first date. I said that to the girls at the REs office and they all said that meant it this was the cycle for me and one of the other ones said because my beta would be veterans day and the day her daughter was born that is a good sign as well. We will know in just over 30 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment