I made it to 26 weeks 3 days before being outed...
It was fun while it lasted!
Before yesterday my boss knew along with 4 others in my office and 2 in another office.
Yesterday my coworker and I were talking about a get together at her house over the weekend with someone and it came up that I was the sober one at the party.
Later in the day i am walking back to my desk and the other person is walking past me and she is really checking me out. She walks past my desk and then comes back after I sit down and stops for a second before she leans in real close and whispers "are you pregnant" I turned and smiled and said "I might be" she told me she figured after the conversation about me not drinking. She was so cute after that and called me once to ask boy or girl and emailed me another time about something else.
I had already decided if no one had asked this week I was going to out myself next week. I wasn't hiding the bump but I also was not wearing more fitted shirts to work. But this week baby girl has decided to start showing herself.
At lunch today we were talking and I don't even know what was said but the president was in there and I got a funny look from him. Well a couple hours later I was up talking to my coworker and he had come out of his office and got a good profile look at me and said "Umm Is that a bump?" so I said "I don't know do you think you see a bump?" so he asked again "is there a bump?" so I said "well there just might be a bump there!" He was all excited. So of course the next question came out... When are you due... his face when I said September 7 was priceless!
So I told my boss that I guess my secret was out, he had been asking me weekly if it was still a secret, and every week I told him until someone asks.
So my coworker later told me that right after lunch the president had asked her if I was pregnant and she told him that he needed to ask me. And I guess earlier this week my boss had told her that I wasn't going to be able to keep it a secret much longer because I was starting to show.
The president must have sent a text to the HR director because I had gone to get more water. And she came up the hall and saw me and started staring right at my belly. And then asked if I had a bump and reached out to touch me! I backed up so she couldn't and answered her question. Which she then went around the entire office telling EVERYONE! I guess that is one way to get the news out!
Everyone was in shock when I told them the due date and kept asking me where I was hiding the baby. Which for 26 weeks I should be showing more but little girl is chillin down low!
here is the bumparoo...

No comments:
Post a Comment