I was soooo looking forward to going way starting today...
we were going to go to San Antonio and my parents were going to meet us there...
they are there... we are home...
our flight was connecting through Charlotte, we were supposed to fly out this morning....
Charlotte got dumped on by snow and last night while we were packing we got the notification that our flight out of Charlotte was cancelled... Our flight into Charlotte never got cancelled though??????!!!!!!!!
So I called for an hour before actually succeeding in getting put on hold, for 2 hours...
the poor sweet nice lady who I am sure had been yelled at all day tried her best...
The only flight she could find for us left Friday at 8 or something to Chicago with a short turn around to change planes and then to San Antonio around midnight or something... giving us 3 days there one of which would probably be spent exhausted...
So we decided sadly to cancel. So my parents are enjoying the city without us, my mom sent me a pic of the hotel we would have stayed in and the brats she was going to make us for dinner tonight...
Also bummed because this was our chance to tell my parents in person... they are traveling until the second week of April. I will be 18 weeks by the time they come home and most likely will not be able to hide it anymore. SOOOO we are going to have to tell them over the phone.
I am slightly relived because we were going to be telling them before we were completely comfortable. I want to have my first OB appt just to make sure penguin is doing good before telling anyone. Soooo.. that is March 4th. We will probably tell them that night or soon after and the InLaws soon after and start spreading the word. So in a way that makes me more comfortable that we are waiting until after that appt but so bummed about having to tell over the phone.
Although based on how I felt all day today i am so glad i wasn't stuck on a plane and traveling. I have had a number of good days in a row, appetite coming back (but lost another pound anyway) and today I was so nauseous all day, dizzy, tired. I was so glad I worked 10-2 today to at least use some of my vacation time I had planned. I slept in a bit and then came home and napped for almost an hour. Then went grocery shopping and thought I was going to pass out the whole time I was there. I still feel off... hungry but can't eat anything else (I tried and it almost came back), tired, dizzy.... Ugh penguin what are you doing to me????????
No comments:
Post a Comment