Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Met with the genetic counselor today... and decisions to make

Today was the genetic counselor meeting and blood draw!
Apparently there was no note in the system about the fact I wanted to have the MaterniT21 test done. Because she called me back and we chatted about what the tests look for and the risk factors etc.
So I told her that I had talked to the nurse at Dr Cs office about doing the MaterniT21 blood test and possibly the NT scan and was told no.
She looked at me kind of shocked and said that she highly recommended having the NT ultrasound done but if we are doing the Mat21 bloodowork we didn't need to do the NT bloodwork. and she also said that it was bonus that we would get to see baby again and know things were going okay without having to wait until 18-20 weeks.
So we chatted a bit  more and one of the MFM doctors came in to meet me to answer questions. Of course like normal I froze and could think of nothing!
She left and came back with a nurse who did the blood draw. We will have those results in a week. And if I want I could find out the sex. I am so torn on finding this out. Part of me wants to wait. Part of me wants to know RIGHT NOW.
I am pretty sure E wants to know. I guess we need to decide. I might go with a coin toss to see what the odds want me to do.
Heck I will do it right now...
Heads=Find out
Tails=Nope going to wait
Best 2 out of 3
1 Heads
2 Tails
Ohhh tie breaker...
3 tails.... the coin odds do not want me to find out right now...
And oddly I am let down by this... maybe that means I want to know!

I get to go March 3rd for the NT ultrasound and then the 4th is my first OB appt.
I am going to have to tell my boss next week because I am going to have to miss time for both of those and it is Month End so that will make him unhappy and he needs to know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment