Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, September 26, 2014

Baby E is here! She arrived 9/15!

It has taken a while to get around to typing it all out and i summarized the end some...
but here goes!

TLDR will put this version first. Went in for induction, 39 hours later and after being fully dialated for 8 hours and pushing off and on Baby E was born Via c-section on 9/15

We headed into the hospital 7:30pm on 9/13 to start the induction process.
Got all checked in and settled in our room. The OB came in and checked me, I was still 1 cm and high and long, so the same as my appt the Tuesday before. He said he would be back to start the cervadril. It was 2 hours later when he came in and placed it at 1130pm. And we were left alone for the night except some BP checks etc. Within an hour or so of getting the cervadril I started having back/hip cramps which started to space out and I assumed were contractions. At first I was able to doze through them, around 3am they got a little more painful and I was having to breathe through them, I wasn't timing them or anything but they were pretty consistent.
At 4am I felt a huge gush followed by several smaller gushes. I hit my nurse call button and my nurses came running in all excited... it was for sure my water and it was everywhere... we fashioned me a diaper out of some of their waterproof mat things so I could get into the bathroom to clean up a bit while they cleaned up my bed. My cervadril had also come out when my water broke so they paged the OB.
Around 530am he came in to check me and I was at 1cm still, but 50% and she was at -3. But I was contracting every 2-3 minutes. He decided to meet with another OB to come up with a plan of action.
By 730am I was having serious hip and back pain with every contraction and doing my best to breathe through it and was still waiting on a plan of action, but hoping beyond hope that something was happening down there! When my new nurse came on shift we decided to get me something to take the edge off the pain and she put in an order for morphine. Soon after that the OB came in and decided to do another cervadril. The nurse and I thought it was odd with how much fluid I was losing that it might not stay in place. But it happened and she gave me my morphine and I went to sleep..
2 hours later she came to check on me and i got up to use the bathroom and the cervadril had come out at some point in those 2 hours. So the OB was paged again.
In the meantime I was given the all clear to eat something and take a shower. So I showered which was awesome but had some killer contractions while in there. Tried to eat but threw it all back up.
I got checked again at 430pm and was 4cm and 50% and she was finally at -1 station. So the OB wants to wait a little bit to see how I progress on my own.
The OB came back at 8pm and I was at 5cm, 75% and 0 station, so they decided that they need to start pitocin because I am not progressing very quickly on my own.
Within an hour of starting pitocin the pain was off the charts so when my nurse came back to up the pitocin I asked for the epidural. I had been dealing with horrible back labor for 24 hours at that point. The magical Epi people came around 10 and it was so much better after! I was able to doze for a while and at 330am woke up as pain was getting worse in my tailbone and left hip.
The nurse paged the OB who came in and to everyones shock I was 10cm, 100% and baby was at +1. They had me do some practice pushes to see if I could get the baby to move, after an hour of that my left hip pain was so bad I could barely function and baby was not making any progress so they decided to give me an epi boost. Was able to sleep a bit more and they came back and had me try pushing again, still was not able to make progress. This happened off and on for 8 hours.
The OB came in and off and on and was concerned that I had been fully dilated for so long and was not able to bring her down farther and made the call for me to have a csection.
Within a half hour I was in the OR having our little girl.
She arrived at 1:42 pm Monday 9/15 8lbs 1oz and 20.5 inches long.
The OB said after my section that he saw no reason physically why I couldn't bring her down. But it might have had something to do with the epidural and being so numbed up I could not push properly.
Started TTC 5/2011 Finally expecting

No comments:

Post a Comment